+40 years industry experience
- Vincent Foley started his career in lab science, working in both public & private hospital labs since 1975 in Ireland, qualifying as a medical scientist in 1981. Vincent developed an in-depth knowledge of all lab disciplines specialising in Immunology & Microbiology. He was head scientist in these departments in the Mater Private Hospital until 1996 having completed his MBA. During his time in the Mater Private Hospital, he developed a deep multidisciplinary understanding of all areas in lab science which was key to the future multidisciplinary business development in Cruinn.
- Vincent joined the sales team in Unitech (United Drug PLC) in 1996 and in 1998 founded Cruinn along with Jack Nolan and former founders John Moran & Tom Donohoe.
- Vincent has been responsible for Clinical Sales & Bus Dev., particularly in the hospital sector. Identifying key strategic areas of growth and bringing on board product partners to meet these goals has been key to success. The peer network & experience provided Vincent with tools to develop the Cruinn business & empathise with Lab professionals as “one of their own”.
- A key milestone in the early years was the growth of Siemens which by 2004 was the Irish market leader in its sector ( Revenue +€3.5m). Cruinn developed a long standing partnership with Siemens, holding Advanced Partner Status with complete distribution rights for all laboratory & point of care solutions for the island of Ireland.
- In addition, Vincent was instrumental in introducing other key business partners including Inova, Bruker and in particular Cepheid. Cepheid is truly a disruptive molecular technology and has become a major contributor to the growth of Cruinn over the last ten years.
- Vincent continues to be a key member of the Board & Management Teams, developing overall sales strategies and maintaining key customer and partner relationships.